What You Need to Know About Paver Sealing in Melbourne FL
Paver driveways are a great option to boost the curb appeal on your Melbourne, FL home. Paver driveways, patios, walkways, and pool decks have the added benefit of easy maintenance compared to other driveway surface options.One of the key things to know about paver sealing is that you will have an investment upfront with installation. However, with proper maintenance you will have less overall costs in the long run when you install pavers over other materials.
If you’re considering upgrading your curb appeal with a paver installation around your home in Brevard County, FL there are a few key things you need to know about why you should also seal your pavers.
The Benefits of Paver Sealing
- Reduced vegetation and weed growth, leaving your pavers looking clean and polished.
- Deters ant activity and reduces mold and mildew growth.
- Blocks UV rays that fade the color of your pavers, reducing overall color fading.
- Reduced sand erosion as well as other kinds of corrosion of the actual pavers themselves, especially with the abundance of rain in Melbourne, FL.
- Increased long-term durability and protection against minor scrapes and cracks.
The Dangers of Not Sealing Pavers in Melbourne, FL
- Unsealed pavers require frequent cleaning. Stains from rainstorms and hurricanes, as well as everyday use, will be harder if not impossible to remove.
- Unsealed pavers don’t stop weed growth. Weed seeds blow across your pavers and settle between the cracks of an unsealed paver space. By sealing your pavers you create less work for yourself and a more beautiful space to enjoy.
- Unsealed pavers are also less stable. The sand in the joint spaces out each paver, but when that sand is lost, there are gaps — paver sealing prevents this from happening when a joint stabilizing sealer is used.
Paver Sealing by a Professional
A professional paver sealer can help you determine the best option for paver coverage and visual appeal. Additionally, when you hire a pro you’ll ensure that the sealed pavers are evenly and cleanly covered.
In Melbourne, FL contact Pressure Washing by Mike Schwab for your pressure washing and paver sealing needs. If you have waited to seal your new pavers, you may need a non-pressure washing before sealing. We offer free estimates on both. Call us today to schedule your appointment.